In writing, please write to:
Melksham Insurance Brokers,
1 Church Street,
Telephone: 01225 707575
We will deal with any complaint swiftly and fairly. When dealing with your complaint, we will follow our complaint handling procedures; a summary of these procedures is available on request. If you are still not satisfied, you may be entitled to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). For further information you can visit FOS website www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Access to the FOS is available for complainants coming within one of the following categories at the time we receive their complaint:
- Consumers (private individuals acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft, or profession)
- Businesses employing fewer than 10 persons and with a turnover or annual balance sheet total not exceeding £2 million
- Charities with an annual income of under £1 million
- Trustees of a trust with a net asset value of under£1 million
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) for our insurance mediation activities. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. If you are eligible to claim from the FSCS, compensation is available as follows:
- Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit
- For compulsory classes of insurance (such as Third Party Motor or Employers Liability), insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the claim without any upper limit
Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS on 0800 678 1100 (freephone) or 020 7741 4100 or www.fscs.org.uk.
Online Dispute Resolution for Consumers
Consumers resident in Europe should be aware that the European Commission has established an online platform for alternative dispute resolutions that provides an out-of-court method to solve any dispute related to and originating from online sale and service contracts. As a consequence, if you are a European consumer, you can use the ODR platform for resolving any dispute resulting from the online contract entered into with Melksham Insurance Brokers.
Melksham Insurance Brokers will respond to any questions via the email address email@example.com
For clarification an online contract in these circumstances is an insurance contract agreed by email.